Princess Margaret Rose Hybrid Gladiolus 10 Bulbs 14/+ cm
Princess Margaret Rose Hybrid Gladiolus 10 Bulbs 14/+ cm by Hirts at Golden Empire Reviews. MPN: 217015596. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Prized for the large bouquets that they make, stately gladioli with their sword-like foliage and tall impressive flower spikes make striking accents
Officially, gladiolus are hardy only in zones 8-10. However, it is not unusual for glads survive the winters in zones 6 & 7 - and sometimes even in zone 5 - especially when planted at the proper depth (at least 5"- 6" deep) and given a few inches of mulch for winter insulation. Please keep in mind that success of overwintering in colder zones will vary based on several factors, such as the severity of the winter, the planting area, the growing conditions, as well as the variety. Therefore, if you are in a zone colder than 8 but don't want to take a chance leaving the bulbs in the ground for the winter, then they are relatively easy to dig in the fall, dry, and then store in a cool - but above freezing - location for the winter.. Gladiolus are one of the easiest bulbs to keep over the winter, Then they can be planted again the following spring/summer, and since they will have multiplied during the first growing season, the number of bulbs to plant in the next season will have increased.
Complete planting and growing instructions will accompany your bulbs!
Features & Highlights
- 10 Beautiful "Princess Margaret Rose" Gladiolus Bulbs - Shipped from the U.S.A.
- Will bloom 60 - 90 days after planting ~ plant in 2 week intervals for blooms starting in summer & continuing thru fall.
- Gladioli bloom best in full sun, but will tolerate partial shade; Height: 36-50 inches
- Hardy in zones 8-10, elsewhere dig and store inside for the winter* (see note in description below).
- LARGE 12/14 cm bulbs (flower bulbs are measured in circumference).