2 General Macmahon Peony - Peonies - 3-5 Eyes - Established Perennial - Each 1 Gal by Growers Solution
2 General Macmahon Peony - Peonies - 3-5 Eyes - Established Perennial - Each 1 Gal by Growers Solution by BGBULBS at Golden Empire Reviews. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Product descriptionThis classic 19th Century French peony has been enjoyed by generations of gardeners! General MacMahon Peony has lush,
Product descriptionThis classic 19th Century French peony has been enjoyed by generations of gardeners! General MacMahon Peony has lush, sturdy-stemmed, shrub-like mounds emerging each spring with deep emerald green foliage. Large, voluptuous double crimson red blooms add color to your landscape blooming mid to late-season. The sweet fragrance of this peony attracts the areas butterflies and bees. General MacMahon Peony makes an excellent cut flower, as well as a great background or border plant. Peonies need to be planted in rich, fertile, medium moisture, well-drained soil. This peony in particular loves full sun to partial shade. Be sure to pinch off the spent flowers after blooming. In the fall after the frost, cut the foliage down to the ground. The following spring the plant will emerge with new growth, ready for a new season. Hardiness Zones 3-8. Specifications: Mature Size (H x W): 2'-3' X 2'-3'; Soil: Fertile, moist, well-drained soil; Sun Exposure: Full Sun to Partial Shade; Characteristics: Sturdy shrub-like clump with glossy, deep emerald-green foliage; Bloom: Large, voluptuous double blooms richly packed with crimson red petals; Growth Rate: Fast; Tolerance: Rabbit, deer, heavy soils. Tip: Potted dormant perennials can be kept in a well-lit cool/cold area (ie. Garage, shed, even in a protected area outdoors) until ready for spring planting. Do not allow them to completely dry out.
Features & Highlights
- You are purchasing a 'General MacMahon Peony, in a gallon pot with soil. This plant is ready for immediate shipping.
- Classic 19th Century French peony! Glossy, deep emerald-green foliage with Large, voluptuous double blooms richly packed with crimson red petals.
- General MacMahon grows well in full sun to part shade. Bloom in mid-spring through early summer. Easy to grow and maintain. Hardy perennial potted plant.
- Exceptional fragrance; makes great cut flowers. Attracts butterflies, bees, and birds; Rabbit and deer resistant
- Images of mature plants. All plants will ship to CA free of soil per CA state regulations. Hardiness zones: 3-8